Here at St Patrick’s we are committed to:
- The care, nurture of and respectful pastoral ministry with all children and adults.
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable.
- The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of informed vigilance as to the dangers of abuse.
We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with safe recruitment principles, as defined by relevant legislation and the Church of England policies.
The parish ensures that all those authorised to work with children
- are appropriately recruited according to safe recruitment practice
- are trained and supported;
The parish also ensures that
- There is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children undertaken in the name of the parish
- The implementation of the safeguarding policy, its procedures and good practice are reviewed at least annually
The Parochial Church
Council of the Parish of St Patrick’s Church, Salter Street, agreed to adopt
all of the House of Bishops’ safeguarding policy and practice guidance and The
Church of England – Birmingham’s procedures for their implementation on 24
Safeguarding Telephone Numbers:
- Sarah Perry – Safeguarding Coordinator: 07719-942597
- or 07761-002870
Parish Safeguarding Children and Young Adults Officer can be contacted through one of the above.
Please click links below for our full Safeguarding Policies:
Please find below links for National Safeguarding Policies:
Promoting a Safer Church